June 30, 2019 — Charles Fall – a first term Democratic Assemblyman from Staten Island, NY – voted YES to repealing the religious exemption to vaccination. This resulted in children being kicked out of all public and private schools in New York immediately; including severely disabled children that have extensive educational programs.
Fall was confronted by parents and disabled children who he voted to kick out of all schools in New York. His constituents said he never met with them prior to voting YES to repeal the religious exemption to vaccination. He had no choice but to talk to them now as they protested an outdoor event he was sponsoring. You can watch that exchange on Youtube:
Fall was also directly confronted with a father and his severely disabled child, and he walked by them without uttering a word. As Fall walked away parents screamed out, “Shame on you! You can’t look at our kids? Shame on you!”
You can watch that exchange on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/christine.salica/videos/10217357012170796/
Contact Charles Fall and let him know how you feel about this:
Charles D. Fall — District 61
853 Forest Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10310
Albany, NY 12248
***Update*** The following was posted by a constituent of Charles Fall on Facebook regarding their attempts to get him to meet with them before he voted YES to repealing the religious exemption to vaccination:
Christine DeBratto Salica OUR HAND OUTS
Mr. Fall had staff meet with a large group of constituents on February 15, then cancelled no less than 3 meetings after that and would not meet with these constituents again until May 14, when they met him for about 15 minutes off the Assembly floor in Albany. IN other words, we had to chase him down. He doesn’t care about his constituents. They asked him to vote NO on bill A2371a, and they shared facts on the following:
1. As parents we hold sincere, genuine, personal religious beliefs that vaccines do not align with. We are exercising our 1st amendment to practice our religion and maintain our bodily autonomy. We applied for, and were granted our legal religious exemptions to vaccination through the Health Service Coordinator of the NYC Board of Education.
a. There is ZERO evidence that anyone with a legally obtained Religious Exemption has had and/or spread the measles virus.
2. Less than 1% (0.7%) of NYS families exercise their right to the Religious Exemption. In Staten Island that number is 0.32% of students. NYS has a 92.5% MMR vaccination rate. Removing the Religious Exemption will do nothing to change this number, as religious views will not change. This leaves around 7% of NYS students without vaccines and without legal exemption. Why target the minority?
3. NYS has had the right to Religious Exemption for over 100 years before this law was passed. We were never before considered a threat to public health and now with advances in sanitation, water, living conditions, and medical treatments in the last 100+ years we are even less of a public threat.
4. Vaccines contain ingredients that would be objectionable to people holding many different religious beliefs including cells from aborted fetuses, pork products, beef products, heavy metals (including aluminum and mercury), chemicals (including formaldehyde, acetone, glutaraldehyde, polysorbate 20, polysorbate 80), formalin among other contaminants.
5. Vaccines are a liability free product. Since the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986, vaccine manufacturers cannot be sued in the event of an adverse reaction or death from a vaccine.
a. Federal Vaccine Court was established in 1986, which uses taxpayer dollars to pay for settlements from vaccine induced injury and death. To date, Vaccine Court has paid out over $4 BILLION in compensation to victims.
MR. FALL VOTED TO REMOVE YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS. HE IS HOSTING THIS BBQ IN CELEBRATION OF OUR INDEPENDENCE! HOW CONTRADICTORY SINCE HE VOTED AGAINST OUR INDEPENDENCE. HE WANTS YOUR VOTE & DOING SO BY GIVING YOU FREE FOOD. REMEMBER THIS AT THE POLLS
***Find more disgraceful Albany, NY politicians who voted to kick children out of school because of their parents religious beliefs here:
My Rep Kicks Disabled Children Out of Public School: https://thefedupdemocrat.home.blog/2019/07/06/my-rep-kicked-disabled-children-out-of-public-school/